Email marketing is a powerful tool that restaurants can use to reach their target audience, build relationships with customers, and drive sales. When done correctly, email marketing can help you:
- Increase brand awareness and equity
- Generate new customers
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase return visits
Statistical averages for email marketing in the restaurant business
According to Campaign Monitor, the average open rate for email marketing in the restaurant industry is 19.77%. This means that for every 100 emails you send, you can expect about 20 people to open them. The average click-through rate (CTR) for email marketing in the restaurant industry is 1.34%. This means that for every 100 emails you send, you can expect about 1 person to click on a link in the email.
Of course, these are just averages. Your own results may vary depending on a number of factors, such as the quality of your email list, the content of your emails, and the timing of your sends.
How to use email marketing to boost your restaurant business
If you want to use email marketing to boost your restaurant business, here are a few tips:
- Start with a strong email list. The quality of your email list is one of the most important factors that will affect your email marketing results. Make sure you only collect email addresses from people who are genuinely interested in your restaurant.
- Send targeted emails. Don't just send the same email to everyone on your list. Segment your list based on interests, demographics, and purchase history so that you can send each group of subscribers emails that are relevant to them.
- Personalise your emails. When possible, personalise your emails by using the recipient's name and other relevant information. This will make your emails feel more like a conversation and more likely to be opened and read.
- Use eye-catching subject lines. Your subject line is the first thing people will see, so make sure it's attention-grabbing and relevant to the content of your email.
- Include a call to action. Tell your subscribers what you want them to do, whether it's visiting your website, making a reservation, or signing up for your loyalty program.
- Track your results. It's important to track your email marketing results so you can see what's working and what's not. This will help you optimize your campaigns and improve your results over time.
Email marketing is a powerful tool that can help restaurants reach their target audience, build relationships with customers, and drive sales. By following the tips above, you can use email marketing to boost your restaurant business.
- Use a strong call to action in your email signature. This could be a link to your website, social media pages, or a coupon for a free dessert.
- Send regular emails, but not too often. A good rule of thumb is to send one email per week or two.
- Keep your emails short and to the point. People are busy and don't have time to read long emails.
- Use humor and personality in your emails. This will make them more engaging and memorable.
- Be consistent with your branding. Use the same fonts, colors, and images in your emails as you do on your website and other marketing materials.
By following these tips, you can use email marketing to boost your restaurant business and reach your target audience. Check out our hospitality CRM, Connect, to get started.